Membership Terms and Program Participation Waiver and Agreement
Code of Conduct
The Gateway Family YMCA wants to deliver the highest level of member service. All members will be treated with respect, responsibility, caring and honesty by the staff, members and guests that participate at our facility. In order to ensure that this occurs, all members, guests and staff must abide by our member code of conduct.
The Gateway Family YMCA is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, health and community service organization providing quality services to people of all ages, races, faiths or incomes. Financial Assistance applications are available at the Welcome Center. For more information, please contact the Welcome Center.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA will cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. All visiting individuals 18 and over must provide a government issued photo ID upon entry to any of our YMCA facilities, programs or services.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
The YMCA collects personally identifiable information (PII) from you when you voluntarily submit such information to us. The collection of PII may occur in person or on a website or mobile application operated, provided or otherwise controlled by The Y. This information may include your name, home address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, demographic information, sexoffender status, membership status, emergency contact information, and other information that we may need to collect in connection with certain events, including but not limited to:
- registration for, or participation in, events, classes, camps, and other activities or programs offered by The Y
- participation in YMCA Nationwide Membership
- registration for surveys, forums, content submissions, chat, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, or other services or activities offered on our website; answering your inquiries about our websites, organization, membership, or other services or activities
- registration as a member of the Y
Collection of Photographs
The Y will also collect your photograph, by capturing your image at a YMCA or scanning your personal identification card, for the purpose of identifying you as a member, volunteer or program participant. The Gateway Family YMCA has permission to use photos/videos of me and/or my family for any YMCA promotional material or media use. My consent includes a perpetual license to the Y and collaborating third-parties for the use of the above materials for publication, display, sale or exhibition in promotions, advertising, education and commercial uses.
Collection of Payment Transaction Information
When you make a payment or donation, we collect information to process the financial transaction and may use that information to contact you in the future about The Y and its programs. Your payment information is transmitted to us, using a secure Internet method that helps maintain the privacy of this information. During the time your payment information resides on our computers, it is in an encrypted format and can only be accessed by authorized personnel with a decryption key.
Membership and Program Information
- Monthly Draft Payment: A membership can be paid monthly using our monthly draft payment. Monthly payment is deducted from the member’s bank account or credit card on the 5th of each month.
- I understand that The Gateway Family YMCA monthly draft is a plan which renews automatically on a monthly basis. In the event I desire to cancel my membership/child care, or change my membership/child care plan in any way, I am required to provide thirty (30) days written notice to The Gateway Family YMCA, before such termination or change in membership will take effect.
- All changes to draft information, for example those required due to lost or stolen credit cards, expired credit cards, new bank accounts, routing numbers etc., must be submitted by me prior to the end of the month in which the event occurred.
- The YMCA may, at its discretion, adjust the monthly rate applicable to my membership category. I understand that I will receive 30 days written notices prior to any such change.
- Should any Monthly Draft not be honored by my bank or credit card for any reason, I realize that I am still responsible for payments plus a Service Charge applied by the YMCA. This is in addition to any service fee my bank/credit card may charge.
- Membership cards remain the property of the YMCA and must be surrendered upon demand of that institution.
- Credit/Voucher Policy: Credits can only be offered for a program or membership due to an extended illness or emergency. A doctor’s note and request in writing is required. Credits expire at the end of one year. Refunds cannot be given for programs or membership. All credit requests will be subject to a $10 processing fee.
- Payment In Full: Members may opt to pay in fill for an entire year of membership. Please note that memberships set to expire during a program session must be renewed before class registration may occur.
- Basic/Program Membership: An annual basic/program membership entitles members to register for programs, child care and summer camp at program rates. In order to benefit from all the Y has to offer, a Full Membership is required
- Guest Policy: Guests must bring ID, be accompanied by a member, and complete a guest waiver. Members receive 3 free guest passes per year. Parent/guardian must sign the waiver for guests under the age of 18. Guest Fees may apply.