Membership Terms and Program Participation Waiver and Agreement
Code of Conduct
The Gateway Family YMCA wants to deliver the highest level of member service. All members will be treated with respect, responsibility, caring and honesty by the staff, members and guests that participate at our facility. In order to ensure that this occurs, all members, guests and staff must abide by our member code of conduct.
The Gateway Family YMCA is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, health and community service organization providing quality services to people of all ages, races, faiths or incomes. Financial Assistance applications are available at the Welcome Center. For more information, please contact the Welcome Center.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA will cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. All visiting individuals 18 and over must provide a government issued photo ID upon entry to any of our YMCA facilities, programs or services.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
The YMCA collects personally identifiable information (PII) from you when you voluntarily submit such information to us. The collection of PII may occur in person or on a website or mobile application operated, provided or otherwise controlled by The Y. This information may include your name, home address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, demographic information, sexoffender status, membership status, emergency contact information, and other information that we may need to collect in connection with certain events, including but not limited to:
- registration for, or participation in, events, classes, camps, and other activities or programs offered by The Y
- participation in YMCA Nationwide Membership
- registration for surveys, forums, content submissions, chat, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, or other services or activities offered on our website; answering your inquiries about our websites, organization, membership, or other services or activities
- registration as a member of the Y
Collection of Photographs
The Y may also collect your photograph, by capturing your image at a YMCA or scanning your personal identification card, for the purpose of identifying you as a member, volunteer or program participant. Your photograph will not be used for any commercial purpose without your authorization, and shall not be retained longer than three years from your last interaction with The Y.
Collection of Payment Transaction Information
When you make a payment or donation, we collect information to process the financial transaction and may use that information to contact you in the future about The Y and its programs. Your payment information is transmitted to us, using a secure Internet method that helps maintain the privacy of this information. During the time your payment information resides on our computers, it is in an encrypted format and can only be accessed by authorized personnel with a decryption key.
- Monthly Draft Payment: A membership can be paid monthly using our monthly draft payment. Monthly payment is deducted from the member’s bank account or credit card on the 5th of each month.
- Credit/Voucher Policy: Credits can only be offered for a program or membership due to an extended illness or emergency. A doctor’s note and request in writing is required. Credits expire at the end of one year. Refunds cannot be given for programs or membership. All credit requests will be subject to a $10 processing fee.
- Payment In Full: Members may opt to pay in fill for an entire year of membership. Please note that memberships set to expire during a program session must be renewed before class registration may occur.
- Basic/Program Membership: An annual basic/program membership entitles members to register for programs, child care and summer camp at program rates. In order to benefit from all the Y has to offer, a Full Membership is required
- Guest Policy: Guests must bring ID, be accompanied by a member, and complete a guest waiver. Members receive 3 free guest passes per year. Parent/guardian must sign the waiver for guests under the age of 18. Adults: $10, Children: $5